Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Leopard ready to take on Tiger

While Jimmie Vaughan is taking over my iTunes and asks me ' Do you get the blues?', I think that Tiger (or MacOs 10.4) may very well get the blues in say about a year. Although Apple just released Tiger it is already building on the new version, MacOs 10.5. Codename for this baby to be: Leopard (I guess Apple just wants to work down the whole cat family). Leopard is scheduled to be released end of 2006 or beginning 2007.

So, the 150 euro I had to pay for Tiger, and then the 79 euro I had to pay for the iLife '05 package, will be down the drain and again I will have to spend a lot of money to upgrade a system that will by then be only a year to a year and a half old.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge Apple fan, but Apple is smelling the money a little bit to much lately. So how long before Steve Jobs turns into a clone of Bill Gates and just want to sell and to sell, paying no more attention to the users (=buyers) and the quality of the product?

I don't think it will go that far, but I find it rather fast wanting to put out a new MacOs version already while the ink on your MacOs 10.4 bill is not even dry.

At the same time Apple will release Leopard it will say it's goodbye to the PowerPC processor of IBM it is currently using in the Apple computers. Apple is shifting to Intel processors, stating that the PowerPC G5 processor isn't fast enough and is using to much power.

And of course Apple has to make sure it feeds it's new Leopard well......

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey Rollins said...

Yeah, those big cats like to eat.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home